Tuesday, February 10, 2009

99705-

Unfortunately, I am still quite "under-the weather." I really have no idea what that truly means, or where it originated, but I am applying it to my current state none the less. I currently have pneumonia and a misplaced rib, on top of a pregnancy complication known as "Placenta Previa." The pneumonia is the worse of it, and since one generally catches pneumonia from bad weather, I have decided the aforementioned proverbial phrase is entirely appropriate for my condition.
~
During this time of much sitting, my last post has been bothering me. Though it is a very small town, North Pole is so much more than the last post. There are so many more memories and things to say about why I am happy to have grown up here, and even happier to raise my children here. I suppose I may just have to compile a book about it one day. :)
~
In the meantime, to Jennifer, I'd like to say that I am not arguing that North Pole is better than any other home-town. I am sure there is charm and deep memories in most peoples' home-towns. Perhaps that is what I am digging at: a reflection from my heart of why North Pole was great for me, and a challenge to others to reflect on their places of origin as well. We all come from somewhere. Though that Somewhere will never be the same as it was when we were there, it will always be "perfect" in our hearts.

~
For Shane: The Great Alaska Pizza Company took over all of the area Little Ceaser's when the national chain downsized. The only topping unique to the Alaska-based company is reindeer sausage. The pizzeria itself is fantastic competition to the more well known, Pizza Hut, offering such deals as an every-day Large, one-topping pizza for $7.99 and a once-a-month "customer appreciation" day where Large , one-toppings are $4.99 each. Still, the place is nothing real special, in my opinon anyway. It is not specialty pizza or something anyone considers a local favorite.
~
And, for my "anonymous husband:" Elkhart, Texas has its charm as well. It's just that no one explained to anyone there that life is ever-changing, so the people there all seem to be "stuck" in the same reality that they have been for years!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you're still not feeling well. Will be praying!

    Reindeer sausage, that would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My neck has been very white lately due to lack of sunlight and night shift.

    ReplyDelete